The design process starts with you and ends with you. I have done everything I can to ensure the development of your web presence is as simple and painless as possible for you. There are some very important aspects of the process that I would like you to understand. How it all works and what information I will need from you.
This process is continually evolving and changes are made on the fly if necessary to accommodate your needs. I will be revisiting this page and updating as needed to ensure I am giving the best possible service in the best possible way. These are more or less guidelines that I use and should not be considered rigid or that I am not flexible. Only that it is a process and it can be changed per client as needed.
Getting to know you and your business
The development of your web presence starts with me asking some basic question. These questions will help me to really understand what you need and get a good picture of the direction I should go. I will also offer suggestions that can add to your site visitors experience or ways for you to improve on the ideas you already have. Some of the questions I will be asking you are as follows:
- Have you seen any websites that will help me visualize your ideas?
- What are your preferred color ideas for your website?
- Do you have a logo or do we need to create one?
- Do you have all the graphics that you want to use?
- What type of a design do you need? In other words will the site be constructed with a single column, a two column with a header and footer, or a three column?
- Will you be managing your website or do you have someone that will be managing it for you?
- Do you have a website name picked out or do you want some suggestions?
- Have you acquired hosting for your website or would like me to help you out?
Mind mapping the ideas and building the structure
Once we are on the same page with your website and depending on the complexity of your design requirements. I may ask you to fill out a questionnaire that will detail any other questions I might have. At this point I will have everything I need to begin laying out and building your site. At every point of the build you will have full access to the site so you can watch it grow and offer any input or ask any questions you have. This is one area I differ from other web developers. I like to have my clients involved from the very beginning. This way you have more control over the design and we can tackle any issues you might have when they happen. This not only saves time but if caught early I do not have to charge for the changes so I save you some cash. It doesn't get any better than that!